INTERCEPT® Fibrinogen Complex
INTERCEPT Fibrinogen Complex is a pathogen reduced, fibrinogen enriched, blood component for transfusion providing you with an immediate source* of key factors known to be important in effective hemostasis.
Breakthrough Device for Treating Uncontrolled Bleeding
The ready-to-use Fibrinogen Complex* approved specifically for the treatment and control of bleeding, including massive hemorrhage, associated with fibrinogen deficiency.
- Pathogen Reduced Cryoprecipitated Fibrinogen Complex (Fibrinogen Complex) is prepared from the INTERCEPT® Blood System for Cryoprecipitation.
- Immediate, enriched source of key factors in effective hemostasis1-3
- Factor XIII
- von Willebrand Factor (vWF)
- Other vital clotting proteins
Transfuse With The First Blood Products*
The INTERCEPT Fibrinogen Complex is approved for empirical use.
Improve Order-to-Transfusion Times
- Thawed in advance
- Ready to deploy with first blood products
- No additional labelling or preparation required
- Single-use hemostatic doses
- Pre-pooled high doses available**
- 5-day post-thaw shelf life
- Return to inventory if not transfused
- Broad spectrum transfusion transmitted infection (TTI) risk reduction
INTERCEPT Pathogen Reduced Cryoprecipitated Fibrinogen Complex is indicated for6:
- Treatment and control of bleeding, including massive hemorrhage, associated with fibrinogen deficiency.
- Control of bleeding when recombinant and/or specific virally inactivated preparations of factor XIII or von Willebrand factor (vWF) are not available.
- Second-line therapy for von Willebrand disease (vWD).
- Control of uremic bleeding after other treatment modalities have failed.
Limitations of Use: INTERCEPT Pathogen Reduced Cryoprecipitated Fibrinogen Complex should not be used for replacement of factor VIII
INTERCEPT Fibrinogen Complex is now FDA approved for the
treatment and control of bleeding, including massive hemorrhage,
associated with fibrinogen deficiency.